Sunday 1 February 2009

Day One: Into The Wild

In one hour and five minutes before my deadline.

I'm kicking this thing off with a film that has been consistantly in my top 5 of all time since I first saw it, Sean Penn's Into The Wild.

It's a fantastic true story of a guy, Christopher McCandless (Or Alexander Supertramp) who becomes disillusioned with normal American life and sets off on an adventure across America with the aim to end up alone, in Alaska living among the wilderness. It's brilliant and I can't recommend it enough.

Someone once told me that the only way they can describe it is that it fills them with warmth, which is pretty much true.

This one was hard enough to force myself to finish, just 364 more to go. I'm going to start the next one right away, I'm on a roll.

Black watercolour on cheap sketchbook paper.

2 comments:

  1. This was great taste, a remarkable movie. Unless you have already, you should read Jon Krakauer's book Into the Wild.

    ReplyDelete