Monday 2 February 2009

Day Two: I'm Not There

In one hour past my deadline.

Some personal stuff came up, which I'm not going in to.

I'm seriously not impressed with this, I rushed it, I don't like it. But you have to take the bad with the good, I suppose.

I'm going to try and get less safe with my work too. If I'd had more time I was going to spend longer on the sketch, and paint in to the hair with a toothbrush, things like that. Expect some things that aren't as standard soon, I hope.

Ok, the solicitations: It's Cate Blanchett from I'm Not There, playing Bob Dylan (Or just a crappy portrait of Dylan depending on how you look at it). This movie got me in to him, my favourite part being the young runaway who models himself after Dylan, but names himself after Woody Guthrie. Come to think of it, I should have painted that kid's guitar if I'd had more time.

Oh God, the more I look at it, the more I hate it. I hope I get to redo it. I suppose it looks slightly better on full view and in real life too.

Difficult second album.

Watercolour on bristol, which watercolour apparently hates.

Edit: The full view looks kind of like Woody Harrelson with crazy hair, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment