Thursday 22 January 2009

Photography Is Truth. Cinema Is Truth 24 Times Per Second.

Being a cinema student and amateur artist, for one entire year I will draw or paint a shot, scene or something memorable such as a character or a location from a movie each day.

I am inspired by, and totally ripping off, 365 Days of Star Wars and Tolkein Per Diem just with far less dedicated fanboy enthusiasm, decisiveness and imagination in a bid to improve my art skills, to have a tangible achievement by the end of the year and to fill up my copious amounts of spare time.

Sometimes the artwork will feature some of my many favourite films, sometimes it will feature some of the classics, and sometimes it will feature complete turkeys. Each piece of artwork will, however, hopefully mean something to me in at least a small way.

I have not in any way decided on what I will be painting, and probably will not until I reach in to my DVD collection and pick something out. That means that if anyone wants to commission me to paint a scene or shot from one of their favourite movies (Within reason, of course) then I have no problem at all with that. You can contact me at my deviantart or by email at:

365framesayear@googlemail.com

Alternatively, I am willing to sell any of the pieces that I choose to paint myself, aside from a select few. Prices will be based on the complexity of the piece, naturally. However, they will be completely affordable. I am not doing this for money, just to progress.

All my pieces will be experimental, for the most part. I will be trying new techniques and combining media etc, so I wont go in to a piece with a view to create a detailed oil masterpiece or anything like that. I will have no idea what I'll come out with before I go in.

Aside from that, my only other rule is no 'Dark Knight'.

Pieces will start soon.

2 comments:

  1. haha sweet. you better succeed!
    no pressure at all >_>

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Can't wait to see more of your stuff! I'll catch you around dA.

    ReplyDelete